Admission Guidelines for K1 2021-2022 School Year (For Online Application only)
1. General Information
- Tak Sun Kindergarten uses Chinese as the main learning medium, parents are encouraged to help their children study with an immersed Chinese language environment so as to facilitate their command of the Chinese language.
- Admission Criteria:
- Hong Kong residents with right of abode, right to land or valid permission to remain without any condition of stay (other than the limit of stay) in Hong Kong; and
- Minimum age of 2 years and 8 months (born on or before 31/12/2018).
- Please read the “Instuction of Online Application” carefully before completing and submitting the form.
- It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to complete the application form fully and truthfully and to provide all supporting documents ( as listed in point 3: Documents to submit). Insufficient information may lead to delay in processing the application or render it invalid.
- The submitted application form and supporting documents are non-returnable whether the application is successful or not.
- A non-refundable and non-transferable application fee of HK$40 to be paid online via AlipayHK.
- Each applicant is allowed to submit only ONE application, applications that are submitted repeatedly will not be processed.
2. Admission Criteria
- Interview performance
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the kindergarten, parent(s) teaching or working full-time at Tak Sun private kindergarten, Tak Sun primary school or Tak Sun secondary school will be given due priority consideration
(As the number of school places is limited, please note that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)
3. Documents to Submit
Online application must be submitted with the following documents (in separate files with each size less than 5MB, the application will be disqualified for non-submission)
- Applicant’s Birth Certificate (in JPG/PDF format)
- A recent passport size color photo (in JPG format)
- Applicant’s Baptismal Certificate (for Catholic applicants only, in JPG/PDF format)
4. Online Application
Application Period: 5th October 2020 (9:00 a.m.) to 12th October 2020 (3:00 p.m.)
- It is recommended to use a desktop computer or notebook, and Google Chrome browser.
- An email address is required for your application and please check your inbox periodically.
- All fields marked with an asterisk* are mandatory. It must be fully provided for processing the application successfully.
- Please counter-check the completed details carefully. Online amendment is not allowed after the submission.
- Upon completion of the online application, a confirmation letter with an application number will be sent to the email address provided by the parent. Please save and print the document for record.
- If you do not receive a confirmation letter, please check your spam email folder or contact the kindergarten directly.
- Please keep a record of the application number, and this Admission Guidelines for future reference.
5. Interview Arrangements
- The interview is tentatively scheduled on 13/11/2020 (Friday afternoon) or 14/11/2020 (Saturday).
The kindergarten reserves the right of final decision to allocate the interview date.
- The kindergarten will arrange interviews for all applicants who have submitted all required documents.
- Group and individual interviews will be arranged (One of the parent should accompany their child for the interview, whereas the other one need to attend the briefing session).
- When interviewing non-Chinese speaking (NCS) children, it is acceptable for parents and children to be accompanied by a Chinese speaking relative/ friend during interview so as to facilitate communication.
- Please contact the kindergarten if you do not receive the notification for interview by email on 1/11/2020.
- Special arrangements will be made if COVID-19 becomes severe. Please visit to our website on 5/10/2020 for details.
- Please bring along the following documents on the interview day:
- Confirmation letter
- Two self-addressed stamped envelopes (4”x 9”) with applicant’s name (each with $3 stamp)
6. Announcement of Admission Results
- The kindergarten will inform parents of the K1 admission results before 18/12/2020 by email.
7. Registration Arrangements
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 7 to 9 January 2021 (“Centralised Registration Dates”) by submitting the“Registration Certificate for KG”to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee. Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “Registration Certificate for KG”during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to EDB from September to November 2020.
For enquiries, please contact EDB at 3540 6808 / 3540 6811 (Hotline for parent of non-Chinese speaking children：2892 6676).
- Applicants on the waiting list: The kindergarten will inform parents by email if school places are available after the “Centralised Registration Dates”. Parents are required to complete the registration procedures within the specified period by submitting the“Registration Certificate forKG” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
- The registration fee for 2021/22 K1 place is HK$970. If the successful applicant has completed the registration procedure and eventually studies in Tak Sun private kindergarten, the registration fee paid will be refunded. Should parents decide to forego the school place after registration, parents are required to notify the kindergarten by submitting a withdrawal letter. The kindergarten will return the “Registration Certificate for KG”within 5 working days but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “Registration Certificate for KG”, the kindergarten will no longer keep the school place for the child.
Telephone no. : 2724 1674
Office hours : 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Mondays to Fridays)
Points to Note
Personal Data provided in the application form is solely used for the purpose of admission application and will become part of the student’s record upon successful application. For unsuccessful applications, all documents submitted will be destroyed. In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, applicants have the right to access, correct and update their own personal data. Please approach the kindergarten for any enquiries.